If you’re a landlord in the UK and let your property, you need to tell the tax man about the money you’ve earned from the property and how much you spent to earn that money. You should do this each year by completing a self assessment tax return. This tax return needs to be submitted to HMRC by the 31st January after the end of the tax year.

The tax return also needs to show all your other sources of income for the year (such as a regular job), even if they’ve already been taxed.

Taxdoctor can help

We work with landlords all over the country (and quite a few who live abroad too) to help them stay on the right side of HMRC. We can help you with the tax returns process from start to finish, guiding you through the registration process and discussing the items you can include as expenses before completing the tax return on your behalf. We’ll then submit the return directly to HMRC.


Taxdoctor can help you with all of this for a fixed fee of just £120 + VAT.
Why not see how it works, or if you’d like to chat to a tax advisor just get in touch!

I couldn’t recommend Taxdoctor more highly, great price (I got quoted double at a traditional accountancy firm) and always there to assist you along the way.

Mohammed Aziz, Landlord with multiple properties