Sole Traders

If you operate as a sole trader then you need to tell the tax man how much you’ve earned and what your expenses are for the year. This needs to be completed via a self assessment tax return, which should be submitted every 12 months. Items such as travel expenses, mobile phones and stationery are all tax deductible.
Compiling this information is only half the battle. You then have to trawl through the relevant forms, which not only takes time, but can also be a confusing process.

How Taxdoctor can help

For a fixed fee of £120 + VAT, we will complete and submit your sole trader tax return to HMRC on your behalf, ensuring a fast, effective and affordable service. Unlike other tax accountants, we don’t look after bigger businesses and instead provide expert assistance to sole traders, helping us to remain focused on you!

When you contact Taxdoctor, we will assign you a dedicated tax manager who will work with you to collect all the relevant information regarding your income and expenses. Our specialist knowledge of sole trader tax returns ensures we understand exactly what expenses you should be claiming for, as well as the income details which need to be submitted to HMRC. Once we have all the relevant information, your self assessment returns will be completed and submitted to the tax office on your behalf.


Why not see how it works, or if you’d like to chat to a tax advisor just get in touch!!